Thursday, February 23, 2017

Eagle Project - Need help



From: Mary Kinsey <mary@kinsey.us>
Subject: Eagle Project - Need help
Date: February 23, 2017 at 11:01:10 AM CST

My name is Michael Kinsey and I am a member of Troop 28 in Colleyville, Texas.  I have been involved in Scouting for 11 years.  I am currently working on my Eagle Project and could use your help.  

About six years ago I was bitten by a tick while camping and as a result I contracted Lyme disease and other infections.  For the last 4 years, I have been homebound attending school at home through the school district.  Unfortunately for me, the Lyme went to my brain and has given me constant daily headaches.

My Eagle Project is to benefit Texas A & M research on Lyme and other pathogens in the state of Texas.  As part of their study they will identify the type of tick and whether they are carrying any diseases. Their goal is to map the entire state of Texas.   Doctors in Texas do not believe that there is Lyme in Texas so for the last four years I have had to fly to California for treatment.  

The project involves getting Troops across Texas to help by doing tick drags.  As part of my project I have developed a tick drag kit that has most of the materials needed to perform the tick drag.  The only materials you supply are duct tape, walking stick or pole, alcohol for shipping ticks, and smart phone to record date/time/location.  

You can learn more about my project by going to my website:  tickdrag.com

Your kit comes with the instructions or you can also read them on my website.   Tick drags can be performed in parks, nature reserves, camps, or anyplace there is natural (not maintained) tall grass and undergrowth.  Tick drags can be accomplished in an hour and be incorporated into your regular camping trip or make a great short excursion.  

If you would be willing to help me on my project, please send an e-mail to:  eagle.project@tickdrag.com with your name & shipping address, phone number and date the kit is needed.  

My goal is to help A & M further their research of ticks and Lyme in Texas.  

Thanks for considering helping me with my Eagle project in support of the Texas A & M Lyme Lab.   

Sincerely,



Michael Kinsey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Important update.. Please share and read..

https://www.facebook.com/LHC.Arrowhead/ the above link takes you directly to the new Facebook page for the combined Arlington and Mansfiel...