Thursday, August 7, 2014

Woodwork Merit Badge - This is a great opportunity!

Crosstimbers  Scouts

My name is Rodney Gibson and I am a new Woodwork Merit Badge counselor for the Crosstimbers District. I am an Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 380 where my son Nick is a registered Scout. I have been a Carpenter by profession for the last 37 years and love what I do and wanted to help scouts discover the joys of working with wood and the satisfaction from building something with their hands.

I will be having my first Merit Badge class Saturday September 6th 2014 at Northwest Christian Church 2001 N. David Dr. Arlington TX from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM . There will be some prework before the class and the majority of the class will be devoted to the actual building of the required projects for the Merit Badge. Since safety is key to any woodworking project, my class will be only 8 Scouts to provide proper supervision. Any additional adult supervision by parents is welcomed.
Prerequisites to take my class will be the following:

  • ·       The scout must have earned his Totin’ Chip and bring to the class
  • ·       The Scout must bring a Blue Card for the Woodworking Merit Badge with his Scoutmaster signature.

I will take the first 8 scouts who email or call me, please include a contact phone #. Once we have the 8 Scouts I will send out an E-mail with more details.

Unfortunately there may be more than 8 scouts who want to take the class, so once the class is full and you do not make the class I will email you informing you that I will put your name and contact information on the list for a future class.

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks,
Rodney Gibson / Woodworking Merit Badge Councilor

 817 688-4026 hotrod58@tx.rr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important update.. Please share and read..

https://www.facebook.com/LHC.Arrowhead/ the above link takes you directly to the new Facebook page for the combined Arlington and Mansfiel...