Sunday, November 20, 2011

Visiting Pack 398 - An experience to remember!

I get the change to visit many packs and troops in the Crosstimbers district at there monthly pack meetings. Seldom do I get the opportunity to tag along on a camping trip.  This past weekend, I was able to and it was a treat.

I was able to be a part of their pack for the weekend and really felt at home. I was able to see many new things. Among them, seeing Larry and Greg get beaded from the completion of Wood Badge.  It was an honor for me to watch and certainly for them to achieve them. If you have not looked into Wood Badge you should!

They even let me tell some "scary" campfire stories.  My 2 boys jumped right in and did not miss a beat making new friends in the pack. You would have thought they had known them for years. It is amazing when you all have a single thread in common (Scouting), how easily you find similar interests and acceptance.

Each time I am able to spend time with other packs, I always pick up valuable information to help with my own leadership skills. If you get the opportunity to visit other packs you should do so and see what you can learn.

Not to mention the great friendships I was able to develop along the way!

So to all at Pack 398,  Thank you!!

Robert Blake
Communications Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important update.. Please share and read..

https://www.facebook.com/LHC.Arrowhead/ the above link takes you directly to the new Facebook page for the combined Arlington and Mansfiel...